The BD17 postcode area, covering Shipley and Baildon, is a dynamic and well-connected part of Bradford known for its rich history, diverse offerings, and a blend of local and modern amenities. Explore the reasons why BD17 is a cherished place to call home:
Places to Eat & Drink
- The Noble Comb: a popular pub in Shipley offering a selection of drinks and hearty pub dishes, creating a welcoming space for locals.
- Tapas Tree Restaurant: traditional meat and seafood tapas, plus salads served in a homely setting. This place has amazing reviews!
- The Boathouse Inn: a picturesque pub situated by the Leeds and Liverpool Canal, providing scenic views and a diverse menu.
Things to Do
- Baildon Moor: a beautiful expanse of moorland offering walking trails and panoramic views, perfect for outdoor enthusiasts.
- Shipley Glen Tramway: a historic tramway providing a nostalgic journey through the scenic Shipley Glen, appealing to families and history enthusiasts.
- Roberts Park: a charming park in Saltaire with green spaces, a playground, and the famous Saltaire Festival, providing a hub of cultural events.
Shopping & Amenities
Indulge in retail therapy within the bustling streets of BD1. From quaint local boutiques offering unique treasures to well-appointed supermarkets stocking daily essentials, residents enjoy a diverse and convenient shopping experience tailored to their every need. Explore the local markets, uncover hidden gems, and revel in the vibrant shopping culture that defines BD17.
The area offers various educational options. Local primary schools like Saltaire Primary School and Baildon Church of England Primary School contribute to the strong foundation for primary education. Titus Salt School in Shipley serves as a comprehensive secondary school in the area, as well as many others.
BD17 ensures excellent connectivity through its transportation options. Shipley Railway Station provides convenient train access to Leeds, Bradford, and beyond. Well-connected bus routes link the area to neighbouring regions. Major roadways like the A6038 and A657 offer straightforward access to Bradford city centre and surrounding areas. Leeds Bradford Airport is also within reasonable distance for travel.